AP YSR Kapari Bandhu Scheme 2021 Online Application Form, Eligibility, Features
Poverty in India is a plague older than any. With a larger chunk of people below the poverty line, it is crucial that state governments work towards ways to bring people above the poverty line and offer families a chance to live dignified lives.
To this effect, state governments have taken up the mantle and are now scheming up ways to wage a full-blown war on poverty and to bring about salvation to as many families as possible. The Andhra Pradesh government, among several other schemes, has launched the AP YSR Kapari Bandhu scheme – a welfare scheme for the poor people in the south Indian state.
About the Andhra Pradesh YSR Kapari Bandhu Scheme
The Shepherd community of Andhra Pradesh has, up until this point, not had any definitive scheme to help them out. Looking around, especially in times of crisis, it has become all the more necessary to have certain schemes in place that looks after the welfare of the shepherds in the state – a community that is quite poor, to begin with.
To that effect, the YSR Bandhu scheme is designed to bear the welfare of the shepherd community in mind. Through the systematic implementation of the scheme, subsidies will be provided on the sale and purchase of animals, so that the brunt of livestock trading does not fall too heavily on the finances of poor shepherds.
Benefits offered by the YSR Kapari Bandhu Scheme
- One of the main benefits offered would be the availability of subsidy on the sale and purchase of animals like sheep and goats.
- The subsidy will amount to 30% of the loan or ₹1.5 lakh, whichever is less.
- The availability of subsidy will help all shepherds to continue with their business even when their financial situation appears bleak.
- The scheme will help people in the state of Andhra to continue their business and contribute to the state’s economical progress.
- The applicant must be a resident of the state of Andhra Pradesh
- The applicant must belong to below the poverty line category
- The applicant must have a functional bank account
- The registered members of the Golla and Kuruma communities are only applicable to avail the benefits of the scheme
Documents needed to avail of the benefits
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Working bank account details
- BPL certificate
- Community certificate
- Caste certificate
- Address proof
- Occupational proof
- Loans paper
The application process to availing the benefits of the scheme is yet underway. Those interested in availing of the benefits the scheme offers should steadily inquire with local authorities about the same.
Summing it up
The Shepherd community usually finds it difficult to make ends meet, especially when the profits they make barely sustain their needs, much less their wants. The implementation of a welfare scheme that works towards the overall benefit of the shepherd community is much needed.
The Kapari Bandhu scheme puts the welfare of the shepherds on the radar, and hopefully, more states around the country follow this trend to make the nation a more shepherd friendly community.