Bihar Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana
Farmers have always been on the spectrum of financial difficulty. For an agrarian country like ours, they deserve much more, and now, the government is trying to make matters easier for farmers. With the PM’s goal of doubling farmer income, several state governments have initiated welfare plans and schemes for farmers.
One such scheme is the Bihar Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana.
About the Bihar Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana
The Bihar government launched the Bihar Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana to provide agricultural machinery to farmers on a nominal rent basis. Under the implementation of the scheme, the Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society (PACS) gets a 50% amount as a loan and a 50% amount as a grant under the Haarit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana. There are several farmers all over the state who do not have enough capital to purchase the latest agricultural equipment.
Quite often, farmers have to purchase equipment that is either short-lived or seldom used. But the implications of the purchase disturbs the farmer’s personal finances for a long.
To help farmers, the Bihar government has offered some machinery on a rental basis. This decision was taken by the Bihar government on the 24th of August 2018.
What are the eligibility criteria under the scheme for farmers?
To make use of the benefits under the scheme, the farmers in Bihar have to adhere to the following criteria:
- The farmer has to be a permanent resident of Bihar.
- The individual farmer or group of farmers cultivators who are engaged in Agriculture or likewise related activities.
- In the case of joint farmer applicants, any one of the farmer members needs to be the Owner farmer.
- The applicant should not be a defaulter in any bank.
What are the documents needed for Bihar Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana?
The list of documents that can help speed up this process is herewith:
- Application form
- Identity proof: PAN card, Aadhaar card, driving license, voter ID card
- Address proof: Aadhaar card, valid passport, utility bill, property tax bill, etc.
- Bank account details
- Passport size photo of the applicant
- Farmer ID proof
- Any document required by the bank.
Main features of the scheme
- Agriculture machinery banks are being set up at the PACS level with an investment of ₹20 lakhs.
- The state government will provide 50% of the amount as a loan to the PACS.
- The rest of the 50% amount will be given as a grant to PACS.
- A total fund of ₹1692.60 crores is made available by the state government to benefit farmers.
- From these PACS banks, farmers can take agricultural machinery on rent at lesser rates and perform irrigation related activities.
Summing it up
Farmers have always worried about the expenses of agricultural equipment. Without that equipment, their yield takes a hit and plunges farmers into a cycle of debt that is too difficult to get out of. To make farmers actually gain profits from their yield, the Bihar government has come up with this innovative scheme. With this in place, farmers now get benefits of the equipment, without being under the pressure of having to own it.