CG Free Smartphone Scheme 2021 | Sanchar Kranti Yojana (SKY) PDF
The world growing to be more digital would hold no meaning if people had no access to digitisation. After all, analogically, it would make no sense for electricity to be provided in an area where there is no appliance to receive it. In order to make digitisation and its benefits accessible to everyone, the government of Chhattisgarh has launched the Chhattisgarh Sanchar Kranti Yojana to distribute free smartphone.
Chhattisgarh Sanchar Kranti Yojana (SKY)- a major initiative undertaken by the Chhattisgarh government to improve the penetration of mobile devices and the consequent smartphone technology with high-speed internet in the state.
About the Chhattisgarh Smartphone Scheme 2021
In order to provide better connectivity to people in the State of Chhattisgarh, the Chhattisgarh government has decided to distribute a mobile phone to each rural household through PDS and enable them to enter the mainstream, where accessibility and affordability go hand in hand. The revenue potential due to the distribution of the devices ensures that the telecom service providers augment the network at their own costs.
The Sanchar Kranti Yojana – launched by President Ram Nath Kovind – will start the distribution of free smartphones to roughly around 50.15 lakh people in Phase one while additional 5.89 lakh beneficiaries would be covered by the phase 2 implementation of the scheme.
The implementation of the scheme will benefit 46.14 lakh rural households and urban poor households and 4.01 lakh college students while the second phase of the scheme will include an additional 5.89 lakh beneficiaries.
Objective of the Chhattisgarh Free Smartphone scheme
The main objectives of implementing the free smartphone scheme are as follows:
- Bring several unconnected areas of the state under mobile connectivity.
- Augment economic activity in the state through the use of smartphones.
- Gender empowerment by enabling women to reach out to safety and security by having mobile connectivity, and therefore, active GPS tracking options to concerned family members.
- Bridging the digital divide in the state by connecting all and providing a digital identity to all.
- Implementing large scare direct benefit transfer to all the beneficiaries of government schemes through the Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and other government implemented schemes.
- Offering smartphones enables rural populace financial inclusion through digital payments and access.
- Rural people, with a smart device, can benefit from the services offered by the Common Service Centers (CSCs)
- There will be an increase in the financial and social inclusion of the poor and banks will be able to offer banking services anytime, anywhere through smartphones.
- The poor will be able to use smartphones as a tool for participative governance and offer access to government and private services.
Summing it up
Through the implementation of the scheme, the rural poor in Chhattisgarh will now have a chance to alleviate their situation and finally break through the cycle of poverty. Smartphones enable the user to connect to the internet. This enables a global connection and opens up unlimited avenues and opportunities. With the Sanchar Kranti Yojana in effect, thousands of people in the state will now be able to benefit from schemes and finally break the shackles of poverty; earning themselves a dignified life.