e-NAM (Nationwide Agriculture Market)
For the longest time, farmers have been exploited by middlemen. Farmers, who toil laborious within the fields simply to develop what we devour so casually, with out sparing them a thought, deserve each penny of what you truly pay to wholesale market males.
In an effort to abolish this discrepancy, the federal government launched the eNAM or the Nationwide Agriculture Market, which is a pan-India digital buying and selling portal. This community works in reference to the pre-existing APMC mandis. That is in order to create a nationwide market that’s unified in nature and works in the direction of the simply sale of agricultural commodities.
Goals of the NAM scheme
- The scheme goals at absolute transparency in sale transactions and pricings.
- One license for merchants which might be legitimate throughout all markets.
- Establishing a single level levy of market charges that’s the value on the primary wholesale buy proper from the farmer.
Expertise to assist the scheme
In an effort to efficiently propagate this scheme, technological aids are important. Right here’s what is going to assist e-NAM be a nationwide hit.
- Cellular app – The app is offered on Android gadgets for farmers and merchants alike in order that they’ll bid and full transactions in eight totally different languages.
- Cost – The cost methodology could be super-efficient as it’s now attainable for farmers and merchants to receives a commission by way of RTGS / NEFT or debit card and web banking was additionally built-in into the app. in 2017, UPI facility via BHIM was added into the app.
Gone are the times when farmers felt helpless as middlemen ate up the fruits of the farmers’ toil. Within the new period of expertise, farmers are linked on to the client, thereby equally benefitting each.