Kerala Transgender Scholarship Scheme 2021 Application Form PDF Download Online
Kerala has held the reputation of a progressive state for decades now. It has earned this reputation owning to the fact that it treats all its residents the same and offers equal opportunities to all, without the barriers of age, caste, sex and religion. To add another feather to its reputation, the Kerala government has introduced the Kerala Transgender scholarship scheme 2021 which will allow Transgender students to study further and receive an education – which is one of the most basic of human rights.
About the scheme
The Kerala government prioritises education for all. To create an inclusive society, one needs to set the platform for it, and it begins with inclusive education. The Kerala Transgender Scholarship scheme would provide scholarship to meritorious students from 7th standard onwards studying in the State government or Government aided or self-financing schools.
This would be implemented in the state in close collaboration with the Social Justice department. To go ahead with the scheme seamlessly, the state government has created a website that is functional now, and students can apply for scholarships on this website.
How to apply for the Kerala Transgender scholarship scheme 2021?
In order to apply for the Kerala Transgender scholarship, the following procedure needs to be followed:
- The applicant has to first visit the Kerala Social Justice Department website.
- On the homepage of this website, the applicant has to click on the “Schemes” tab which is present in the main menu.
- On the page that loads up, the applicant has to click the “Scholarship for Transgender Students” link which is located serially on Number 4 in the long list of the scheme presented.
- When clicked on, the scheme details page will open up. The applicant has to go to the “Documents” section and click on the “Applications forms – TG Scholarship Application form”, as shown here for your reference:
- Then, the Kerala Transgender Students scholarship application form will open up as a PDF as shown here:
- Interested candidates can download this form in PDF format. On downloading, the applicants would have to enter necessary details in the form and submit it to the concerned authorities in charge of implementing the scheme.
Eligibility criteria to avail the scholarship
- Self-declaration affidavit stating that the applicant is Transgender.
- Income limit does not apply to the scheme.
- Eligible applicants have to forward a duly filled application form through the Head of Educational Institutions which has to be submitted to concerned District Social Justice Officers.
Amount offered as scholarship to students
|From 7th to 10th class||₹1,000 per month for 10 months|
|From 11th to 12th class||₹1,500 per month for 10 months|
|Higher education (diploma, Post graduation, professional courses, etc)||₹2,000 per month for 10 months|
Transgenders deserve to be treated with due humanity as everyone else, and it is about time that the world comes to terms with it. The Kerala government, by offering this scholarship, proves that all it takes is support to empower the marginalised.