PM-JAY SEHAT Yojana (J&K)
If the pandemic has shown humanity anything, it has to be the importance of healthcare and how easily we have overlooked it in the past. The progress of a nation solely depends on the health of its citizens and if health starts to be a growing concern, the nation cannot progress.
What entails the PM- Jan Arogya Yojana SEHAT scheme for Jammu and Kashmir?
The Jan Arogya Yojana is a scheme for people from the financially weaker sections of Jammu and Kashmir. This scheme aims to offer them a basic cover so that they can escape skyrocketing medical bills if there happens to be a medical emergency in the family.
Around 6 lakh families of Jammu and Kashmir stand covered under the Ayushman Jan Arogya Yojana. There is also the SEHAT health insurance scheme which aims to cover more people under its protective wings. The SEHAT health insurance scheme would be linked with the Jan Arogya Yojana.
Under these two interlinked schemes, the government will bear the expenses of treatment of the enrolled citizen upto ₹5 lakh. Accessibility offered to the people also stands to be massive as under the SEHAT scheme, 299 government hospitals and 35 private hospitals of Jammu and Kashmir have registered.
Objective of SEHAT health scheme
The primary objective of the scheme is to offer health cover of up to ₹5 lakh to all eligible residents of Jammu and Kashmir. Quite often, the residents of Jammu and Kashmir would actively avoid reaching out to appropriate medical attention at a hospital worrying about the bills it might incur. Through the implementation of the scheme, citizens of Jammu and Kashmir will now get apt treatment and their bills will be taken care of by the government. All citizens eligible under the scheme will get cashless treatment of up to ₹5 lakh.
Eligibility criteria and the list of documents needed to avail of this scheme
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Each citizen of Jammu and Kashmir needs to procure a certificate of residence in order to avail of the benefits of the scheme
Along with a residence certificate, the applicant must also procure the .following:
- Voter ID
- Age proof
- Ration card
- Residence proof
- Passport size photographs
- Mobile number
How to apply for the SEHAT health insurance scheme?
- The applicant would have to go to the hospital registered under the SEHAT health scheme or a CSC Kendra.
- The applicant would have to ask for the application form.
- The applicant would have to fill the form by entering all the necessary information.
- The applicant would also have to attach the documents needed to verify the information filled in the form.
- The applicant would have to submit the form to the respective hospital or CSC Kendra.
- Once the verification is complete, the applicant would receive a card.
- Through this card, the applicant would be able to avail of the benefits of the SEHAT health scheme.